Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled
LUMCON is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Consortium Coordinator. LUMCON not only represents a traditional marine laboratory, the DeFelice Marine Center, but also a Consortium of public and private colleges and universities in the state of Louisiana. LUMCON works to serve the education and research needs in marine and coastal sciences across these more than two dozen member institutions (https://lumcon.edu/consortium/). Furthermore, LUMCON’s serves as a center for the synthesis in coastal and marine science (https://lumcon.edu/marine-synthesis-center/). Further information about LUMCON’s strategic and growth plan can be found at https://lumcon.edu/annual-reports/, and especially the Director’s View (https://lumcon.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Directors-Report-lo-res.pdf)
The Consortium Coordinator will provide the management, coordination, and oversight to bolster LUMCON’s Consortium mission, i.e. serving the needs of the universities and colleges in the state of Louisiana. The ideal candidate is focused on results, has a dedicated personality, and is committed to building and maintaining scientific and educational networks. The applicant should have experience in managing collaborative projects involving multiple stakeholders. Superior communication, networking and organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential.
The Consortium Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director but coordinates with other LUMCON divisions as well as a variety of state stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate specific projects between LUMCON and individual Consortium institutions.
- Coordinate follow-ups and updates on existing projects.
- Coordinate, plan, and promote Consortium institution visits to LUMCON.
- Identify and promote new collaborations between LUMCON and individual Consortium institutions.
- Identify and lead efforts to fund and support consortium collaborations.
- Coordinate communications with Consortium institutions.
- Work with the Associate Director of Education to coordinate, organize, and promote undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Work with the Associate Director of Science to coordinate, organize, and promote collaborative scientific research among member institutions to address coastal and marine issues.
- Coordinate and participate in Consortium institution visits with and without the Executive Director both in out of the state and provide appropriate follow-ups.
- Attend conferences, state administrative and legislative meetings, and Consortium institution events as needed.
- Maintain a database of contacts within Consortium institutions.
- Coordinate participation in or planning of Consortium events as needed.
- Oversee and promote LUMCON’s Marine Synthesis Center and recruit users into the program.
- Promote and coordinate, with the Associate Directors of Education and Science, educational and research usage by Consortium institutions of LUMCON’s assets.
- Generate reports of Consortium usage of LUMCON on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in educational or research program coordination. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in coordinating multidisciplinary teams.
- Willingness to travel within state and nationally as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with LUMCON-specific programs and software. Familiarity with online collaboration tools, e.g. Slack, and file sharing, e.g. Dropbox.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Track record of grant writing.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
A candidate should be able to demonstrate or explain the following during their interview:
- A basic understanding of LUMCON and all our programs.
- A working knowledge of the Louisiana University Systems and how LUMCON does or could fit into their programs.
- Experience working within university administration.
- An ability to manage multiple projects that are unique to all the university project partners.
- An ability to be creative and explore innovative relationships with consortium members.
Those interested in the position should submit a
2. Cover letter
3. A 1-2 page statement on how they would specifically build up connections between LUMCON and Consortium members
4. Contact information for three references to email@example.com
LUMCON is an AA/EO employer.