Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled
LUMCON is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant works directly with the Executive Director and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with the public and academic community.
• Conserve Executive Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondences; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
• Respond to requests for information requiring interpretation of departmental rules and regulations.
• Prepare internal and external documents for the Executive Director.
• Independently compose correspondence involving complex, sensitive, and non-routine matters.
• Schedule meetings and appointments, prepare materials for these meetings, attend meetings, and transcribe meeting minutes.
• Schedule and manage all domestic and foreign travel for the Executive Director including: building itineraries, booking flights and accommodations, following state travel processes and policies, and submitting proper documentation in a timely manner.
• Plan and manage internal and external LUMCON events.
• Maintain an organized paper and electronic filing system.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Develop and sustain a culture of professionalism among staff and visitors.
• Supervise 1-2 personnel as directed.
• Maintain inventory of supplies.
• Preferred minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
• Demonstrated experience in booking domestic and foreign travel.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with LUMCON-specific programs and software. Familiarity with online collaboration tools, e.g. Slack, and file sharing, e.g. Dropbox and Google Drive.
• Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
• Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and professional demeanor
Those interested in the position should submit a resume, cover letter, contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
LUMCON is an AA/EO employer.