Chief Financial Officer/Associate Director of Administration
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled
See full ad and application information by clicking this link.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer/Associate Director of Administration is responsible for planning and organizing the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium’s (LUMCON) financial and administrative affairs. In conjunction with the Executive Director, the CFO/AD sets budgetary goals and objectives as well as manages relationships to the Louisiana Board of Regent and other state and federal divisions. LUMCON is looking for someone with a knowledge base of business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management including an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in a research and education institution. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, science funding and management, financial management, personnel administration, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and trends in research funding. The position is detail-oriented and knowledge of State of Louisiana ERP/LaGov system and accounting is beneficial but not required.
LUMCON consists of ~ 100 staff including 9 full-time faculty and 3 marine vessel crews. The position directly supervises three administrative staff. The CFO/AD is responsible for a $15M annual operating budget and numerous federal and state grants. The CFO/AD will join LUMCON during an exciting growth phase which include a new maritime campus in Houma, LA, the future operation of the newly constructed 199’ R/V Gilbert Mason, a growing development and funding portfolio, and increases in staff including 5 new faculty.
• Direct the LUMCON’s financial planning and accounting practices.
• Maintain financial management reporting and control systems.
• Monitor LUMCON revenue and expenditure processing.
• Federal and state grant administration and reporting requirements
• Oversee compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations of the Louisiana Board of Regents and the state of Louisiana.
• Assure an efficient, high-functioning infrastructure to support the LUMCON’s missions.
• Promotes administrative excellence, creativity, leadership, cooperation, teamwork, and accountability throughout LUMCON.
• Working with the Board of Regents and LOSFA in Budget Implementation and Reporting Processes
• Asset Accounting/Grants Management/LaGov ERP/SAP Budget Processing and Reporting/ Financial Oversight of the Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program (BTNEP) – BTNEP Financial Liaison
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting required or equivalent in education and experience plus 10 years of related experience.
• Master’s degree in business administration or accounting (or similar degree) and a minimum of seven years of progressive responsibility at a managerial level, preferably in an academic setting. Experience with federal and state grant administration. Previous experience in higher education administration and finances. Familiarity with Louisiana state polices and procedures.
LUMCON is an AA/EO employer.