Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled
The Maintenance Assistant responds to assigned departmental maintenance needs and is responsible for the execution of repairs or replacement of affected equipment as assigned. The Maintenance Assistant must be familiar with a wide range of crafts including, but not limited to, landscaping, plumbing, HVAC, painting, and carpentry. The Maintenance Assistant uses hand and power tools necessary for mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and painting repairs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Required – 2 years in maintenance experience
- must be mechanically inclined including experience working with minimal supervision and multi-tasking
- Experience using all hand tools and power tools required to properly perform job duties
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving equipment issues
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Landscaping, painting, plumbing, carpentry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keeps the grounds free of trash and debris at all times
- Pressure washing buildings and walkways as assigned
- Performs general repairs and troubleshooting
- Performs daily maintenance repairs as assigned
- Utilizes effective judgment and decision making skills when performing job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adheres to policies
- Follows up on completed/current assignments
- Other related duties as required
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
LUMCON is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.