LUMCON is part of the Louisiana Board of Regents, and was enacted into law by the Louisiana legislature in 1979. We have now transitioned, at least in name. The governance of LUMCON is by an Executive Board representing seven Louisiana universities with eight voting members and seven non-voting members:
- Louisiana State University and A&M College,
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette,
- Nicholls State University,
- Tulane University,
- University of New Orleans,
- Louisiana Tech University,
- University of Louisiana at Monroe, and
- the chair of the LUMCON Science and Education Advisory Council (SEAC).
The SEAC is composed of representatives from all of Louisiana’s four-year higher education institutions, plus one representative from the Louisiana Community and Technical College system.