- Hours of Operation:
- The LUMCON Library is staffed Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- The Library is closed to the public on weekends, state holidays, and when the librarian is not on site.
- All visitors are welcome during these hours. Before visiting the facility, please call (985) 851-2875 to ensure the Library will be open.
- All LUMCON staff, summer students and resident visitors have 24-hour access to the Library. If the doors to the Library are locked, the security guard will open the department for you.
- Books can be checked out by filling out a card at the circulation desk. The length of time a book can be checked out varies depending on the status of patron. Books may be renewed by contacting the department, but all items are subject to recall at any time.
- Interlibrary loan service is available for LUMCON faculty, postdocs, lab personnel, and summer students. Although we strive to get items at no charge, the requestor may be asked to pay for interlibrary loan charges under certain circumstances.
- Reserve items, reference materials, and journals must remain in the Library. The Library has no photocopier, but copies or scans can be made in the LUMCON main office.
- All materials must be checked out before removal from the Library, without exception.
- Library materials can be placed on reserve for summer classes. A list of items to be placed on reserve should be provided to the librarian as soon as possible.
- When returning material that has been checked out, please drop off items at the circulation counter.
- Food is not allowed in the Library under any circumstance. Drinks are only allowed with prior approval by the librarian or the security guard.