LUMCON is once again opening its doors to the community during this FREE one-day event at the Marine Center in Cocodrie. Join LUMCON scientists and educators in a fun-filled day dedicated to showing you what LUMCON’s all about! Learn more about Louisiana’s amazing coastal marine laboratory, research vessels, marine science, and how you can become part of it all with LUMCON – the heart of Louisiana marine science.
Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018
Time: 9:00 A.M.–3:00 P.M.
Location: DeFelice Marine Center 8124 Highway 56 Cocodrie, LA
- Research lab tours with our science staff
- Hands-on activities
- Free airboat rides
- A scavenger hunt for kids ages 3-12
- Dockside tours of our research vessels
- A live marine invertebrate touch tank
- Free lunch (served from 11am-1pm)
- In an effort to reduce plastic, please be sure to bring your water bottles. There will be places to fill them.