LUMCON operates and maintains one of the largest fleets of research vessels in the Gulf of Mexico. LUMCON’s world-class fleet is equally available to those within the state of Louisiana and abroad for research and education activities in the Gulf of Mexico.
- The R/V Pelican is a 116 ft. research vessel intended for use on the continental shelf in the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, and Western Atlantic.
- The R/V Acadiana is a 58 ft. vessel available for short trips offshore and extended cruises in Louisiana coastal bays, rivers, estuaries, and nearshore waters.
- The R/V Point Sur, owned by the University of Southern Mississippi and operated by LUMCON, is a 135 ft. research vessel intended for use on the continental shelf in the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean, and Western Atlantic.
- The small boats fleet can be used in the lakes, bays, and sounds of Louisiana. All vessels are trailerable and come with life-saving equipment and navigational electronics.
- LUMCON also owns and operates oceanographic research equipment independent of our vessels that can be leased to qualifying organizations.
Click on the links in the list above or contact our Port Captain to learn more about LUMCON’s vessels and oceanographic resources and how you can use them.