Download these activities to do at home or in the classroom.
Marine Organism Anatomy Activities
Marine Organism Activities
Science Method Activities
Videos and Activities
Arts & Crafts
Games & Puzzles
- Connect the Dots – Can you identify this common Louisiana species?
- Migration Maze – Can you help a small fish migrate from the salt marsh to the Gulf of Mexico?
Activities using Online Resources
- Predicting Coastal Flooding Events – Explore the complex issue of coastal flooding at the Marine Center. Can you predict when the water will high as well as a LUMCON staff member?
- Ocean Feature Exploration – Explore features on the seafloor with Google Earth. You can submit data to be part of a massive exploration effort.
- Nature’s Speed Bumps – Explore changes to a Louisiana Barrier Island using Google Earth.
- Storm Monitoring (**Updated**) – Become a storm tracker by using the LUMCON weather cameras and the monitoring station to track the impacts of storm events at the Marine Center.
Research Vessel and Maritime Activities
- Nautical Term Activity – Learn to recognize, understand, and use some common terms used on a research vessel.
- Idioms and the Ocean – Learn about common everyday phrases have roots in maritime culture. We guarantee you’ll be “taken aback” by how fun this is!
- Nautical Flags – Learn the meaning, to recognize, and to use the flags to create messages for others.
Careers in Marine Science
- Women in Marine Science – This is a webpage featuring audio recordings of women having a conversation about their careers within marine science.
- Women in STEM Activity – This is a great activity for students looking for mentors in STEM careers including marine science.
Science Talks – STUDENT EDITIONS
- April 28, 2020 – Wonderfully Weird World of Sponges with Dr. Stephanie
360 Digital Tours – They’re Back!
Creation of our tours have been made possible through a grant from Chevron – Human Engery
Printable Digital Resources
More activities are on the way.