DOWNLOADS AND PRINTABLES
Download these activities to do at home.
Marine Organism Anatomy Activities
- Squid Anatomy Scramble – learn the names of external features and fun facts about squid.
- External Fish Anatomy – learn the terms and body parts you need to start becoming an expert in fish identification.
Marine Organism Activities
- Wonderfully Weird World of Sponges – Celebrate how wonderful sponges are with these activities.
- Plankton Activities – Explore and discover the amazing world of plankton without needing a microscope.
Arts & Crafts
- Squid Door Hanger – Show everyone that you love squid as much as we do!
- Terrapin Coloring Page – Learn more about Diamondback Terrapins.
Games & Puzzles
- Connect the Dots – Can you identify this common Louisiana species?
- Migration Maze – Can you help a small fish migrate from the salt marsh to the Gulf of Mexico?
Activities using Online Resources
- Ocean Feature Exploration – Explore features on the seafloor with Google Earth. You can submit data to be part of a massive exploration effort.
- Nature’s Speed Bumps – Explore changes to a Louisiana Barrier Island using Google Earth.
- Storm Monitoring – Become a storm tracker by using the LUMCON weather cameras and the monitoring station to track the impacts of storm events at the Marine Center.
- Water Temperature vs. Substrate Color – Try this experiment to see if substrate (bottom) color has a relationship to the temperature of a body of water.
Science Talks – STUDENT EDITIONS
- April 28: 11:00 AM CDT – Wonderfully Weird World of Sponges with Dr. Stephanie
- To register click this link.
More activities are on the way.