REU Application Process
All application materials must be received by March 15, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
A complete REU application consists of:
1. Completed application form (click here to go directly to the application page).
2. A one-page statement of interest, describing your background, research interests, career goals, how the internship will help you reach your goals and reasons why you should be selected for LUMCON’s REU program. After consulting this year’s REU mentors and project opportunities document, you should also indicate your top two research preferences and why you would like to research these topics.
3. A resume or curriculum vitae describing any science-related jobs, internships, volunteer work, scholarships and/or other activities that you have held or participated in and any other relevant skills or accomplishments.
4. Two letters of reference from individuals capable of commenting on your academic qualifications and, if possible, research skills (college or university faculty or research advisors preferred). Please provide the forms included in the application to your reference letter writers. Emailed recommendations are preferred, sent directly from the writer to email@example.com.
Click here for the letter of recommendation cover page.
5. A copy of your current college transcript (unofficial or official copies are accepted)
All items must be received by March 15, 2019.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (985) 851-2860.